Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Custom edit of mass in parts list dft 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatthiasG

Industrial
Apr 21, 2015
BE
I want to create a parts list in draft environment and add the weights of the parts and the assembly in total.
That works fine for me when i add a column mass. The mass shows up in the column and for the total assembly.

But...

We produce furniture and i want to have the weight of our package in total. That package includes also the furniture fittings in a little bag.
We have the mass of that bag and i want to insert that weight direct in a "dummy part" for a "furniture fittings bag".
So i want that the inserted mass of that bag shows up in my part list and is calculated in the total mass of my assembly (package).

How can i do this?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Create a new part with a name of your choosing. Make some kind of feature like a 1 inch cube or something. Go to Inspect/MV Properties, click the "User-defined properties" box and enter the needed mass in the mass box and something in the volume box (just can't leave it at zero) and close the dialog (I attached a jpeg). You can delete the feature after entering the mass and volume numbers but you will need a feature present to change them. Then you can delete that one again. Save the part and insert it into the assembly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back