Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Custom Mist Eliminators

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdrras

Mechanical
Apr 6, 2006
US
I currently am designing a gas-liquid separator and I'm trying to find a manufacturer that specializes in custom mist eliminators. Because my separator is very size constrained due to the application it will be used for, the dimensions for the separator are roughly 3.25" ID diameter and roughly 16.25" in length (plus outlets and what not). Does anybody know of a manufacturer/suppliers that specializes in very small mist eliminators that I might be able to use or any custom-made mist eliminator manufacturers that could manufacture one to a certain size????

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

TLV make mist eliminators. Used to knock out steam droplets from vent lines. I have see these work and there is no visible plume. It's something you could look at.

Thanks. I'll look into these. The dimensions I am looking for are 3.25" in diameter and about 4.00" in depth. Looking for possibly aluminum or stainless steel due to small possible corrosion.

Yeah, I thought I said I was looking for a mesh pad style in my original post, but I guess that was something that just slipped my mind. Sorry about that. Thanks for the links. I'm waiting to hear back from a couple of places. Hopefully they can do what I am hoping.

Thanks. I contacted a company in PA and they have sent me a mist eliminator for me to test for my application. Since it's a fairly new product they'd like to collect some data on it. I'll like to collect some data as well regarding the water particle size that coalesces on the pad to help determine efficiency and if it meets what I am looking for. As I don't have access to a particle analyzer to determine particle size and distribution, I'm trying to find a way to determine these without such equipment. Anybody have any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back