Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Custom SolidWorks Training

Status
Not open for further replies.

lot

Mechanical
Mar 31, 2001
US
Has anyone gone to or organized a custom training package for SW? By this I mean your company only.

We're getting competing offers from WestCam Technologies in Calgary, Alberta and Prism Engineering in Horsham, PA. Why so far apart? We have a sister company in Calgary and a discount that Westcam is offering is making it attractive to fly everyone out there. Seems a little too good to be true.

I've worked extensively with Prism. They're first rate, very competent, knowledgeable, and I feel more thant comfortable with them. They have a tremendous background and resources from which to draw upon.

Westcam is offering the same training for half price - $700/per person for 5 days, with Piping inclucded and only AMETEK( total of 9 employees ) !

Can we be getting anything useful for this amount of money??? Has anyone ever dealt with them, Westcam or Prism? I find it difficult to beleive that we'll get the same content and quality for nearly half the cost.

Any thoughts or experiences with either company?

Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Lot,
Sounds to me like one of the companies, is trying to bid for your business. If it were up to me, I would choose the VAR I would most like to work with. Which one gives the best phone tech support? Where would you like to have your next training? These are only small items to think about. Because you can change your VAR every year if wanted.
Bradley

Thanks for the input. That's what I thought. I was just wondering if anyone had done any "Custom" training.

I had worked extensively with the one vendor ( Prism ) to get an accelerated course with a little extra instruction time and topics in the classroom. Prism's instructors are also more seasoned/experienced.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back