Custom Wine Cellar Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

HBVino

Computer
Aug 14, 2001
US
Hello All:
I am building a custom cellar. I have looked at many stock refrig systems and am not pleased with the performance specs and the lack of data logging via pc network, so therefore, I am looking for help and/or an expert.

I would like to use a split refrigeration system, ideally with two small evaporators and 1/2 hp compressor.

Room is 9x12x8. My BTU calculations indicate 1136btu per hour requirement at the max.

I am looking to achieve 55 to 58f and 70%RH (5%+/-). This cellar would hold 1500 to 2500 bottles of wine. This is a prototype build for a potential custom-build business venture.

Can someone help with the design and specification of the equipment?

Thanks,

HB

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Check with either your local wholesale supplier or the web for evaporator styles (as there tend to be many). Remember one rather IMPORTANT FACT, commercial evaporators tend to be NOISY. If sound (read noise) is a problem for the cellar location, sound attenduation WILL be necessary. Most 1200 to 1500 BTUH evaporators are designed with a minimal air throw so, the coils must be mounted to throw air the length of the room. Keeping the selected evaporator capacity higher than your load calculation, permits for a more humid room. Conversely, a smaller capacity evaporator dries out the room (possibly destroying/evaporating wine by constantly drying out the corks). If selected properly installed correctly, your system couls outlast the building, and be at least 1/2 the cost of a custom unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back