Customer Default for sketches does not apply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andersen07

Industrial
Dec 8, 2021
BR
I'm changed the following customer default:
[pre]Customer Defaults > Sketch > General > Part Settings tab > Reference Curves color[/pre]

I changed it, applied ii and restarted NX. But when I create a new part, the color is the same as the default, it's not changed.

Can someone help?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The customer defaults only apply to a new "blank" part. If you are using a named template part, you will need to open the template and make your changes in the part settings. Save the template when you are done. The next file that is created from the template will reflect the changes.

www.nxjournaling.com

YOu can also load your customer defaults into your existing part, using the preference sketch, then at the bottom, you can load the customer defaults into the part file. This will only impact new sketches and not existing sketches. You can do those individually if you like. Also Cowski mentions the best way of doing things.

Thanks for the answers.

NX comes with lots of predefined templates though. Is there any way to make it recreate all the default templates based on my customer defaults?
Having to recreate them all every time I want to make a change will be very time consuming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back