Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Customizing Hole Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiengines

Mechanical
Nov 10, 2008
US
We are in the process of moving from NX to CREO 2.0, so I'm sure I will have many questions.

My question today concerns hole notes. I went through the help files and knowledge base, and I have the notes working for threaded holes. What I am wondering is if it is possible to get them to work with non-threaded holes?

Using NX7.5 & Creo 2

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

In order to auto generate the note, when making the hole click "standard hole" (It's the picture of a screw). Then unselect "adds tapping" which is the crosshair symbol that is automatically selected. It's very likely that you'll then want to select the new option "clearance hole" that appears because it is not auto selected.

Now when you go to your drawing and show the notes, each hole note will be auto generated.

Ah, there it is! Is it possible then to specify whatever hole size I want? Or am I limited to the drill size for whatever thread is selected?

Using NX7.5 & Creo 2

AFAIK you're limited to those predetermined sizes if you want an auto generated note.

If you find a way to auto generate a note for a simple hole be sure to share!

Only hole sizes defined in the *.hol files will populate notes. You can customize the files to meet your shop standards. We did that where I used to work since the NC programmers used a slightly larger drill diametere than the PTC supplied hole files. Easy to do, just takes some time.
You can also play with the note format itself. Theer is a PTC TPI/TAN that explains how.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back