Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CWB Division 2 Certification - Engineering Fees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spencer10

Structural
Apr 30, 2008
This relates to Canadian Welding and requirements.

I have been asked to certify a welding shop so that they can become a CWB Division 2 company. I would be retained by them to prepare their WPDS, WPS and perform quarterly shop checks. I have the qualifications to perform the work, but this is the first time I will be doing it.

Is there a standard for engineer's fees that anyone may be able to fill me in on? The company is going for structural certification to CSA Standard W47.1.

Spencer

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Spencer,

You will likely need to pass some tests with CWB yourself. You will need to prepare WPDS and WPS for company. You will need to know what processes they use ... SMAW, FCAW, GMAW ... and prepare a bunch of typical WPDS's for each process. Unless you have prepared WPDS's before, it can be a daunting and tedious process. Regarding fees, look to chage something like $2500-$3500 for initial submissions, WPDS, WPS, forms ... and then your client must be prepared to see you 4 times/year... to fill out Engineer Reports ( quarterly). You can call me if you like, I would be glad to discuss in more detail ... 867-669-6793

Regards,

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back