Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cyclic loading and buckling sandwiched buckling-restrained brace?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxwolf2011

Civil/Environmental
Aug 1, 2012
CH
hi
I model sandwiched buckling-restrained brace in abqus But I have several problems
1- how to apply The cyclic loading and buckling together in this example ?
2- Why do not stress in analysis buckling?
3- how to Define interaction Between the concrete , bolt , core and......?
4- Buckling of the brace should be used for buckling analysis or static analysis alone can be used?
help me [ponder]
thanks

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=47ec7136-a394-4c00-9728-2e5f1074275f&file=aaa.png
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hallo Max,

you seem to be new in Linear nonlinear structure analysis.but i will do my best to make it simple for you.
1- are you talking abaout linear buckling to get structure eigen value (critical load) or imperfection or Post buckling for getting structure residual strenght (bearing capacity)??
1-why you want to apply cyclic loading and buckling togather??
(you can do that by defining new step which is time dependent for cyclic)
2- stresses you get it in post buckling analysis(General static, Riks, Explicit, Implicit) i advise you to work with general static it is easy and accurate.
3- interaction can be defined through module step in abaqus (surface to surface, node to surface and so on...(read the manual of FE software it is not a rocket science!))
4-both analysis should be done starting with Linear Buckling(you get buckling shape and critical load)-you import this file .fil in abaqus to perform postbuckling analyssis.

good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back