Damper in ADAMS view

Status
Not open for further replies.

sina_sls

Student
Dec 23, 2022
FR
Hello

I want to set damping coefficient for special range of deformation of damper , I mean for special range of deformation (A to B) has a special damping coefficient (D1) and for other range has another damping coefficient (D2). How can i do that or which Expression Builder can help ?

Best Regards

1_it31rt.png

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

In pseudo code you want something like if((Length>A)*(Length<B),D1-D2)+D2

I no longer have access to ADAMS and I can't be bothered to do it using the online documentation

Having said that the people working on position sensitive dampers wrote their own usersub, but they may have been because they wanted more complexity than I have shown.

Cheers

Greg Locock

New here? Try reading these, they might help FAQ731-376

@paraebbasta
You need to look down the Adams Guidelines for "Conditional Constructs and Loops", there you would find the conditional statements. Then, as mentioned by @GregLocock make a function based on : if((Length>A)*(Length<B),D1-D2)+D2
Try to use it, take the help of GPT as well.
If you want to see such example of Conditional statements then this is from the Simple_traction_powertrain Template:

IF(._powertrain_simple_traction.pvs_drive_torque_bias_front:0,
(VARVAL(._powertrain_simple_traction.left_rear_wheel_omega)+VARVAL(._powertrain_simple_traction.right_rear_wheel_omega))/2,
IF(._powertrain_simple_traction.pvs_drive_torque_bias_front-1.0:
(VARVAL(._powertrain_simple_traction.left_front_wheel_omega)+VARVAL(._powertrain_simple_traction.right_front_wheel_omega)+VARVAL(._powertrain_simple_traction.left_rear_wheel_omega)+VARVAL(._powertrain_simple_traction.right_rear_wheel_omega))/4,
(VARVAL(._powertrain_simple_traction.left_front_wheel_omega)+VARVAL(._powertrain_simple_traction.right_front_wheel_omega))/2,
(VARVAL(._powertrain_simple_traction.left_front_wheel_omega)+VARVAL(._powertrain_simple_traction.right_front_wheel_omega))/2))

Viele Grüße
Pulkit Sharma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back