Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Datum Axis Not Showing

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaun8567

Mechanical
Jul 22, 2010
US
I'm using Wildfire 3.0 and I've noticed that whenever I add an axis to my model, it will show up in the model tree, but not in the model window. Here are two pictures to illustrate what I mean.

Here you can see the axis because I have it selected in the model tree

However, when I de-select it, it disappears from the model itself:

This is an issue because I need to select the axis as a reference in an assembly, and in an assembly the datums/axis tied to a part don't show up in the model tree.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Double check your layer tree and make sure the axis layer is not hidden. A quick tip when you are assembling parts with hidden layers you can select the binoculars/search tool to look specifically for axis/planes, etc in the part you are assembling. Another work around; you can also expand your model tree and click it in there(if you know which one it is).
Hope this helps

Check your Datum Display Toolbar and make sure the Display Datum Axes toggle is On or pressed. For the Assembly check your filter settings. Features is unchecked in Default Pro/E but I have min option in the tree.cfg file set to show Features at Assembly level
Config option to load default tree.cfg Filter settings
Option name Value path to tree.cfg or mytree.cfg file tree_wasmfeats.cfg I save several of these and they can be opened and any time by going to Load Settings from the Model Tree Filter drop down

mdl_tree_cfg_file C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Docs\cad\_ProE\0000_WF4\tree.cfg
contents of tree.cfg
SUPPRESSED ON /OFF
EXCLUDED ON /OFF
FEATURES ON /OFF
NOTES OFF /ON
BLANKED ON /OFF
INCOMPLETE ON /OFF

You can create Mapkeys for Datum Display mine for Axes is DA or Display Axes

config option to set it as mapkey
Option Value
mapkey da @MAPKEY_LABEL-DISPLAY AXES;~ Command `ProCmdEnvAxisDisp` 0;

It might say 1 or 0 but since it's a toggle it will swap in either case and you can pick from screen.

Michael

[jester]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back