Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Datum Feature Symbol Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

navyhill

Mechanical
Apr 15, 2010
US
I am fairly new to Pro/E and I am having trouble figuring out the process for getting reference datums to display in my drawings. I have defined two datums in my model. A datum plane "A" on one end of a cylindrical part and a datum axis "B" through the centerline of the cylinder. The datum feature symbol displays in the model correctly on their respective datums. When I go to the drawing, the datum "A" is correctly shown on the drawing view, but the datum "B" is not showing up. I have tried inserting every possible view, along with Show/Erase > show all - to try to get Pro/E to display all datums, to no avail. Does someone have a nice little tutorial or some helpful hints on this? Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you feel it is necessary to label a centerline as a datum, you need to prefix it with "CL" or "AXIS", thus defining the line as the centerline or axis of datum B. This should be considered a reference label and you also need to define it elsewhere on the feature. As noted, simply labeling a line as a datum is not per the standard.

"Good to know you got shoes to wear when you find the floor." - [small]Robert Hunter[/small]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back