Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Datums stay fixed when unbending or bending sheetmetal revolve

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBobroski

Aerospace
Oct 11, 2010
US
I am making a sheetmetal belt of sorts, and my first feature is a revolved wall at 341 degrees. Now I have to bend and unbend this as I need to put thru holes in it and some have to be applied to the as designed form and some to the flat pattern. Problem is if I put the holes in while in a flattened state then bend back the axis' don't move with the part and stay floating in space where they were applied and pro/e doesn't recognize these as circular holes anymore (can't use insert constraint in asm mode), and the same happens if I apply the features in the "as designed" state and then flatten. Is there an easy way of having my axis's move with the part? Or maybe a better way of creating features in the flattened state?

Also another thing that is very strange, since I have bend and unbend commands in my model tree when I am at the bottom and try to insert ANY features, even datums, my model suppresses nearly all the features; now I can, say, put the datum axis in at that state and then after it is applied drag it down my model tree to the bottom and then edit, but with extrudes this causes an issue with references and I am confused as to why it keeps regenerating and suppressing features when I go to create a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back