Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deadman Anchor structural design for pedestrian suspension bridge 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SatoshiNakamoto09

Structural
Sep 2, 2014
PH
Anyone here can share a good reference for the structural analysis and desig nof Deadman Anchor structural design for pedestrian suspension bridge?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

While good record keeping is generally important, I draw a line at this one. Like most engineers, I generally don't keep written records on these type of things.

The amount of dead men I needed for anchorage on my last suspension bridge would put me away from the next millennium. [nosmiley]

Is this the same suspension bridge whose design has been completely outsourced to Eng-Tips members?

I'll keep an eye out on the news just in case anything collapses in the Philippines.

Satoshi,
It seems that your method for design is to start new threads as you proceed. I suggest that you provide answers to some of the questions in the previous threads.

Just design it like a typical foundation. Depends what the soil is, but I would try to use rock anchors to take the load and a max of concrete to prevent corrosion. If you want to design it using the weight of the concrete alone, I would factor the load up by at least 1.5 so that the weight you have is 50% more then what you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back