Dear Engineers, My name is Sadegh

Status
Not open for further replies.

s.ghorbanhosseini68

Mechanical
Sep 8, 2020
IR
Dear Engineers,
My name is Sadegh Ghorbanhosseini. I’m working in the SAFA Rolling & Pipe Mills Company as an engineer in the technical & engineering office. In this company, API 5l pipes are produced from thick-walled steel sheets by 3-roll bending approach. The two most important step of production are roll bending & post bending. In the post bending procedure, 3 roller (2 top die, 1 bottom die) induce pressure to the prior rolled sheet which produced in roll bending step, at the same time to complete the pipe circular shape. A schematic of this procedure is attached in this post.
When the pipe crosses the post bending process, a continuous wound line (or scar) is created through the pipe length on its outer surface. Also, this defect is observed at the bottom roll circumference as the same as the pipe length. Can anyone suggest me any solution to solve this problem?
Thanks a lot.

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=56efcab3-f049-4d73-82af-22f29b8d34a2&file=01.PNG
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Can you post good pictures of the defect? Is there any possibility it's a drag mark from something stationary gouging the metal as it moves along the rollers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back