Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deburring steel with a robot 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robot.Si

Mechanical
Oct 2, 2017
CH
Hello to all.

I have a Yaskawa robot which deburrs steel parts. Currently I am using an angle grinder on a robot with a thick grinding disc. Before I start with a deburring I measure a part and then start with deburring operation. The problems occurs, when there is too much material on an edge and the angle grinder is not able to remove it. Robot has a constant speed and in that case it breakes the disc, because it is overloaded.

I don´t have any other measuring device on the robot. Now I am wondering how would a force sensor work in this case?
Does any of you have any experience with the force sensor on a robot?

Thank you for a reply.

Kind regards,
Tilen

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The behavior that you're describing- whereby the robot will slow down based on load on the arm actively at any point on a path, is a complicated one.

The short answer is: call Yaskawa.

Hi.

Thank you for your answer.

The integrator from Yaskawa knows about this problem and we are working together on it. We tried so many different possibilities and non of them work. The only one that is conditionally acceptable is that we slow down the robot movement significantly. But this means too long cycle time.

I read that this could be solved with a force control. Unfortunately Yaskawa doesn´t have their force control solution as Fanuc, ABB or Kuka have or does it?

Kind regrads
Tilen

Robot.Si said:
Unfortunately Yaskawa doesn´t have their force control solution as Fanuc, ABB or Kuka have or does it?

I didn't say you should call a Yaskawa integrator.. I said you should call Yaskawa.

The company most likely to be able to fill you in on specific details of Yaskawa's end effector force control system, and what it is capable of is... drumroll..... Yaskawa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back