Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Default NX part directory help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techomick

Mechanical
Jun 21, 2011
US
I am trying to have the default directory of a new or save-as part be set to the current directory of the work part.

I see there is a setting in Customer Defaults-->General--Directories to set this to a location, but I want this to be a variable setting (I want to change it through NXOpen). If this setting is not set then it defaults to the last directory. If I could figure out how to change this variable I could accomplish what I want.

There does not seem to be any information in the NX API Reference to such an option, but I may be looking for the wrong thing.

If someone could point to where that setting is locally or in the API I can handle the rest.

Thanks in advance,
Andrew (NX10)

Design Engineer, NX 8.5

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You mention NXOpen, are you performing the 'save-as' as part of your program? If so, you can specify whatever directory you want; you can even show a standard windows file dialog set to the specified directory so the user can change it if desired.

I'm not sure that changing the customer default will work for you because NX has to be restarted before it will pick up the change.

www.nxjournaling.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back