Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Default Part Attribute in NX 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smile9999

Mechanical
Jan 2, 2012
EG
hi everyone, we are using NX 8 and teamcenter 8 , we want to make the part attributes that we need a standard for all users, we require for example the mass , status(Assy, make,..), oracle to be an attribute in the part, currently in each part we make we have to make this attributes from start,

so basically my question is how to make default attributes for each part we make that just needs to be filled out by our users, instead of making the attributes themselves from the start

another question, is there a way to have a default assembly navigator for all users with custom columns and organization of columns?

thanks alot, awaiting any help

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

guys, plz I need a response to this proplem , thanks for any answer

Open your template file and add all the attributes that you want every new part to contain, save your template file.

If you don't have a template file, make one.

www.nxjournaling.com

how do I create a template for the part, and how do I use it to as my standard template for that part(I am talking here about the model template not the drafting or others)

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back