Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Defining a cohesive interaction

Status
Not open for further replies.

arya1996

Mechanical
Dec 15, 2020
CA
Hi everyone
At first, I've defined a square sheet and then partitioned it to generate a set of 64 element.
I want to make a cohesive interaction between every elements, I mean on the line which they are attached . My question is that, is it possible to do so or I should try something else?
Because it is hard for me define 64 elements and then attach them together.
If anyone helps, I'll appreciate that.
Capture_ecd4cm.png

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You don't have to use cohesive elements for that, try with surface-based cohesive behavior. It can be defined just like regular contact (even with the help of "Find contact pairs" tool for convenience) but with special behavior defined in contact property.

I tried to use "find contact pairs" but it gave me this massage : "Axisymmetric and 2D models are not considered in contact detection."
I don't know what to do... because elements edges are not recognized as contact

Which version of Abaqus do you use ? The number of elements is not very large so even without this tool it shouldn't be a problem to define contact interactions. Just make sure that these elements are not part of a single continuous mesh - in such case contact would be of no use.

Currently I'm using abaqus 2020. I've tried to define contact interaction but It's not possible due to having only one object. I don't know whether if it is possible or not to define an contact interaction between elements located on a predefined 2D sheet. I cant do that, however I have tried to find a solution.

You would have to divide this grid into separate parts (squares) to define contact interaction between them. Check some examples of masonry wall modeling in Abaqus, it's a similar case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back