Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Defining Multi-Linear Isotropic Stress-Strain Curve Ansys WB

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackhero

Civil/Environmental
Dec 27, 2017
CN
In order to use Solid65 in Ansys workbench for simulating concrete, we shall define the multi-linear isotropic stress-strain curve as well. I have the concrete compression stress-strain data in excel. I would like to ask that how could I get the multi-linear isotropic stress-strain curve in order to define Solid65? I could not figure out the yield data point in the experimental results.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thank you for your reply. I have already seen that video and the report which has been followed in the video. I have around 460 data points in the concrete compression test result. When I enter the data points (for Solid65 using TB command) and run the simulation I get the following error,

The number of data points specified may not exceed 100 for material number 1. The TB command is ignored.

If I have to choose less than 100 data points then which points shall I choose? I can not figure this out.

I can have a try with down sampling my data points. I was wondering if this is the only way or still there are some other possibilities. I searched on internet and I found out that for MISO one can input data from yield point to the end point of fracture or till the ultimate strength. While as in one reference I have seen a person inputting only three data points for MISO, (initial point, yield point and ultimate strength point). In all these cases their materials had yield point while as in my case i have concrete material which is brittle in nature. Attached is the image of the compression test graph for my material.
graph01_ehocs0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back