Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Defining Multi load-steps 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

aphilic

Bioengineer
Nov 4, 2006
TR
Hi all,

I asked this question before but i could not succeeded to define different load steps. Whenever i do the first load step run, then i define a second load, for instance, then i arrange the "time at the end of load step" in the "solution controls" menu to the desired value and then i run again pressing "Solve current LS" option under the Solutions>Solve menu. But it starts from the very begining.

I mean assume that i gave a ramp increasing displacement of 2 units for 2 secs and solve it. Then i do the procedure mentioned above, set the time at the end of load step to 3 and keep the displacement value 2 units and solve it, it actually solves from time@start=zero, displacement@start=zero and 2 unit ramp displacement for 3 secs.

What do i do wrong?

Regards,

Can

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,
it seems you aren't performing a RESTART but a new solution each time. In fact, in order to use the multi-frame restart capability of Ansys, you have to:
- set the results saving at least for the steps you want (if not the substeps)
- after a solve command, before touching anything in the boundary conditions, you have to go to Solution -> Restart, choose the frame from which to restart (among the availables - see above) and only then you can modify something (including stepped/ramped options). Otherwise, in the very moment you give "Restart", the BC and options operating in the original frameset will be loaded, overwriting your modifications.
Hope I haven't been too confuse...

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back