Defining Two Way Force In Adams/View 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

behnam jafari

Automotive
Apr 24, 2019
IR
hi every one

thanks for answering so many questions and helping everyone in so many difficult issues that they are facing with this software .

as always I've got a question :

how can I define a two-way force ( a force acting in both directions of the bodies it has been exerted on ) .

I have been working on a Special Damper and I want to link Adams/Car to MATLAB … and I need the two way force to be the input of my Adams Block in Siumulink ...

to define my question better : I intend to define a force between the two mounts of spring of a vehicle . I am using Single-Component (Applied Force) and I use the Two Bodies Option as the Run-Time Direction and also Custom as Characteristic …does it do the job of what I have been intending to do ? or do I have to define Two forces in opposite directions ?

Thanks A lot

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

In general forces are two way (action reaction). The only use for one way (action only) forces that I can think of is for rockets etc in isolation, ie with no ground plane, as a lazy solution. There are uses for them where some other analysis has taken place. Read up in the solver help for the definition of SFORCE.

Cheers

Greg Locock

New here? Try reading these, they might help FAQ731-376

hi Greg

what i ment wasN'T that i need a force that acts in positive and negative direction with respect to it's reference coordinate system .

let me explain more with a picture :

Q7pCJ_dv2c0m.png

I need to create such a force for the upper and lower part of my damper mounts in Adams/View … do I have to create two forces on the upper and lower hard point mount parts Individually ? or there's a command that does both in Adams ?

thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back