Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deflections for Composite steel frame with metal deck

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALphaSpace

Structural
Jul 6, 2023
GB
Hi All,

I am Currently working on a car park with a composite steel frame with metal decking. The project has very tight headroom restrictions and therefore a tight structural zone allowance. The job is due to start on site very soon and it has just become aware that deflections & tolerances where not considered when sizing the steelwork. Now when Deflections and tolerances are included we foul the strict head room requirements.

The solution is to Pre-Camber 75% of the dead load deflections. But I am trying to understand and wrap my head around the post-composite (Imposed+SuperDead) deflections and the difference between deflections with full shear connection and deflections with partial shear connection.

Anyone have any experience with this that can provide me with an explanation between the two. Or point me in the direction of any technical documents that covers this, Preferably Eurocode/SCI documents.

Much appreciated!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back