Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deformable Spring Part Family 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

snow1440xx

Mechanical
May 26, 2004
US
Hello everyone,
Hope someone can help. I'm trying to make a spring part family but also at the same time make the part deformable. I've got the part family process down, but the deformable part process with a spring I'm having trouble with and there not that much help anywhere on it. I've experimented with it but don't have a full understanding of the "references" section of the deformable part. Also when I place an experimental spring in an assembly and enter a deformable length I need, my 2 extrusion/subtractions from the ends of the spring to make it flat dissappear. The spring I'm creating by a simple helix, "L" as length etc. and 2 extrusion/subtractions at each end. Can anyone shed some light, I want to do this the correct way and have it work. Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I would like to know how to control changes of (Metric) thread sizes in family parts. Can anyone point me towards some help with this.
TIA

Thread specifications are currenntly not supported in families. This has been a long requested ER, yet to be addressed. I'm sure there is a way to do that with some creative GRIP or better yet, KF programing. The closest thing I have done is to model a cylindrical surface the diameter of the root diameter of the thread, and change the display properties of that surface to dashed. Now when you see the object in an unshaded model, it appears as a thread, and can be controled by the family (with manual input of course - UG does not automatically determine the thread based on diameter of a family part).

-Derek
DL Engineering Services

specializing in CAD Design Consultation Services

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back