Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Dehydration Unit TEG Ph increasing and TEG Reboiler getting flooded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chemical Engg

Chemical
Jul 2, 2023
SA

Please let me know how you resolved the high Ph issue in the TEG unit, as I am experiencing the same issue. In my scenario, an amine unit is located upstream of the dehydration unit.
In my situation, the dehydration unit is still in the commissioning stage.
Also, the TEG reboiler is always flooding the TEG reboiler level transmitter and the local level gauge is always reading 105%.
I assume that the TEG stripper packing (MellapakTM) positioned between the TEG reboiler and TEG accumulator has been blocked by foreign material, which is why the flow is being resisted by the TEG stripper packing.

• To force additional TEG into the reboiler. However, it is noted that the level is falling in the TEG flash drum and rising in the TEG accumulator. TEG reboiler level has not changed, remaining at 105%, nevertheless.
• The stripping gas flow has been fully stopped. To monitor the TEG reboiler level. However, after closing the manual isolation valve of stripping gas, there is no substantial change in the TEG reboiler (the TEG reboiler level remains the same at 104% to 105%).
• To examine the system behavior, the reboiler temperature has been dropped to 360 deg F, and the TEG level in the reboiler has been reduced. However, after 4 hours, the reboiler level increased to 105%.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back