Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Delete all versions

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgallup

Automotive
May 9, 2003
US
Has the behavior of this command changed? We are using WF4, changed for WF2 a few months ago (no PDM). I just had a user delete a drawing drawing using File/Delete/All Versions. It comes up with a message that it is going to delete all versions of the drawing AND THE SELECTED ASSOCIATED OBJECT(S) from disk and session with a Yes / No option. It does not give a list or highlight what the SELECTED ASSOCIATED OBJECT(S) may be. It turns out that picking yes deleted the drawing, it's models and the drawing format.

Now I would expect it to delete the drawing. I can see it deleting the model but I would at least expect it to list all the models but I didn't expect it to delete the drawing format. I don't think it used to delete the format, I have no idea why you would want to do that.

How can you delete all instances of a drawing and keep the model and or format through the Pro/E commands? I never delete all through Pro/E, I use Windoze explorer instead. Still seems like a bad command structure for delete all to delete anything but the active object.

----------------------------------------

The Help for this program was created in Windows Help format, which depends on a feature that isn't included in this version of Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back