Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

'DELETE' key not working 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdutton

Automotive
Mar 28, 2014
US
I may be missing something obvious, but I have 10 years on Catia and I have never had this problem.

Simply put, the delete key no longer does ANYTHING in my Ford install of Catia R22. I use (5) installs of Catia (R18, R19, R20, and an additional R22) and it works fine in all the others. It works in Windows. It woks in everything else I try.

I'm looking for a button or setting that I flipped to make this happen without any luck. What the hell did I do?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Solved.

So, after 3 days of screwing around with this all I had to do was post on the forum and *bang* I figured it out in 10 minutes.

Somehow, the 'delete' function had been removed from the delete key.

For anyone else with this problem (or other key function issues):

R-click on a menu bar
'Customize'
'Commands' tab
Category: 'Edit'
Highlight 'Delete'
click "Show Properties"
Click in the "Accelerator" box
click "Other..." button
Select "Del"
Click "Add"

Sounds like your CATSettings got changed and the delete key functionality. As long as you select file>exit (don't hit the X in the upper left corner) your custom setting should get saved to your local CATSettings.

thanks for posting fix. this just happened to me last week and i've been beating my head on the screen trying to figure it out. saved me from going insane. thanks.

Vern
Catia
Automotive Designer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back