Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Delete Material from File

Status
Not open for further replies.

dblurred

Industrial
Jan 17, 2003
US
Hi, I have SW 2004 SP2.1 and I created a custom material. It seems to have attached itself to the file noting at the top the name in the design tree. Now though, it is the base material and no matter what I try I can't get rid of that custom material. I have tried File location under the Options settings, but it seems to have embedded itself into the file with no way to remove it. It seems to show up as a base material, and any texture I add just covers it up. The whole thing is crazy and I just want to remover all textures and the material and start over!
Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Well, I have been able to get rid of the material. Strangely enough I had to select a new material, then the REMOVE material button showed up and I was able to completely remove the material from the file. For the next trick, figuring out why the textures are so difficult to deal with. I think between the 2 it really messed me up. Some faces show color, some will remove the texture. Selecting the whole solid bodies does not seem to help much at the moment. So now it seems I can't remove all the textures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back