Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Delete only one set of objects? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenja824

Automotive
Nov 5, 2014
US
I must have pasted twice and didnt realize it. Now I have a whole lot of curves and points that have two of each on top of each other.

Is there any quick way to delete only one set of them?

Ken
My brain is like a sponge. A sopping wet sponge. When I use it, I seem to lose more than I soak in.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I suppose that undo is no longer an option?

Check your "groups" in the part navigator. In some import operations, NX will put all the new geometry into a group. If you are lucky, you will have 2 groups with similar geometry and you can just delete one of them.

www.nxjournaling.com

Yup, I checked the groups. I am guessing that because I simply did a copy past using hot keys that it didnt do this. And yes, I had not noticed it until undo was way past being an option. Even if it was an option, the amount of work I would have lost to go back that far would have been counter productive.

I chose to just let it be. I dont think in the end it will make a difference and if it does down the road, then I will have to just go through the work of deleting it one curve at a time.

I did however at least find all the points were still link exteriors and that made it easy to select them in the navigator and delate the duplicates. Its just the curves I might need to worry about in the future.

Thanks.

This would definitely make a nice journal if someone could come up with that. lol Code that will select each object but not select a second object that is occupying the same space. Definitely way past my abilities to do. lol

Ken
My brain is like a sponge. A sopping wet sponge. When I use it, I seem to lose more than I soak in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back