Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Deleted Sketch Picture in drawing still defining 'Zoom to Fit' boundaries

Status
Not open for further replies.

cinnamongirl

Mechanical
Jan 18, 2011
US
I inserted a Sketch Picture to trace some lines for a sketch. The picture was off to the side of the page so when I hit 'Zoom to Fit' it would stretch out the boundaries beyond the sheet borders. But now that I've deleted the picture the boundaries are still being defined by it. How can I fix this?

Thank you all in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Could some of you try to see if you encounter the same problem?

Create an empty drawing, then Insert > Picture..., pick any JPEG image and then move it off the page.

Delete the Sketch Picture and hit the "F" key (or 'Zoom to Fit'). Does the zoom extend to where the picture was?

Thanks, I tried that and the problem persists. One good thing about SW2015 is there is now a 'Zoom to Sheet' option which somewhat works around the issue, although it's not as convenient as hitting the "F" key.

Copy-paste to a new page was going to be my last resort. That would probably work but I wanted to see if there was another way to fix this. This sounds like a bug in SolidWorks, has anyone else experienced this?

Sometimes there is a fragment of something way out in space. It is too small to see when zoomed out to the extents. Try window selecting in the far corners to see if anything is selected. Sometimes that doesn't work in a drawing as some items don't get picked up in the window select. In that case I suggest you zoom into the area of the far corner looking for some entity and then deleting it. It is worth a try.

- - -Updraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back