Deleted Tasks Still Show In Resource Usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmfranke

Computer
Dec 10, 2008
US
Hello

My project plan consists of a Master.mpp and a dozen or so separate .mpp files for various parts of the project (Development, Validation, Documentation, Overhead, etc...). All of these files are in a single directory called "Project Plan". Recently, I made a copy of that directory for second quarter planning, and called it "Project Plan Q2". I've made a number of changes, including deleting some of the original tasks that no longer apply.

All of this shows up perfectly in a Gantt chart when I look at the Q2 plan. The problem is that it seems like some of the original tasks still show up when I look at the Resource Usage view -- or when I open the Resource Pool.mpp file. I can't trust my Resource Usage view. This is a disaster, as this is what I use to tell my team what to work on, and it clearly doesn't reflect my new plan. Even worse, I'm using the revised plan for budgeting information.

Does anybody have any idea how I might have gotten into this predicament, and how to fix it?

Help. Thanks.

Mike

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

More information:

I tried an experiment. I opened my Resource Pool.mpp file, using the Resource Usage view. From there, I then tried to delete one of the tasks that should no longer be in my plan.

I get a dialog that says "The item or information you are accessing is in an unopened sharer file that is linked to this resource pool file. This operation can be performed only on the sharer file."

So, that begs the question: "How do I get information on sharer files for the project?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back