Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deleting A Current Feature Causes Everything Above To Fail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marlborough

Automotive
Jun 21, 2008
CA
Like the title says, I've got a model and if I delete, suppress or even edit with rollback, the entire model fails. Operations above that have nothing to do with the current feature just fail. Anyone have this happen?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

i have it happen if the feature is in relation with another feature but i think its "normal" its like the "remove params" if you go back and try remove params and keep the ones that after the "current feature" it will delete the features after "current feature"

NX8.5 - NX9 User

Look into this setting. There is a setting in the Customer defaults called delete child features. Check this out. I do not know if this will fix your issues but it is worth a shot.

What version are you on? I'm on 7.5 and have had this happen. Like you say, on some models deleting or editing a feature near or at the bottom of the feature tree causes failure of many of the features above the offending feature. It seems to be random and definitely rare, but it happens. I can't offer any guidance on what to do (I often have to remodel the part), but you are not in a unique position.

You can try running part clean up. I'm not at my desk right now, but use the command finder and type part clean up.

Part clean up will sometimes fix things. There are some warnings if you turn on all the options. To be safe you can make a copy of the file and turn all the options on.

If that does not work I would set current feature near the top of the part history. Then turn on features until I found the one that is the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back