Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deleting vertices and splines or exporting just surfaces

Status
Not open for further replies.

L3munoz

Industrial
Aug 29, 2011
ES
Hi everybody,

I am working with Wireframe & Surface Design, and I have a doubt about exporting my geometry. I created some points which were used to create some splines, and these to get some surfaces. Then I export my resulting geometry (I don't want a body, just these surfaces), but the problem is that all vertices and splines are also exported, so when I open my geometry in other software(Gambit from Fluent) I have thousands of points and splines that I don't need anymore!!

If I try to delete in CATIA these points, the splines are modified/deleted. So is there any way to export just my surfaces or to delete that auxiliar elements without modifying my final geometry?

Thanks in advance,

/L3munoz

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

L3munoz,
What format are you exporting? Have you tried putting your points and splines into no/show before trying to export? In options, you can choose export only visible entities.

Good luck,
NCLuser

Thanks a lot NCluser, you r right, it works!! but one more question. is there any way to give a name to the surfaces in order lately, in the importation in the other software, to have these names?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back