Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dell Precision 7500 with nVidia Quadro FX3800

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmauldin

Bioengineer
Jul 16, 2004
US
This computer runs UG very slowly and is very prone to locking up when performing even simple UG tasks. Is anyone else running this machine setup? Have you experienced similar problems and, if so, how did you correct them?

NX6 with Teamcenter 2500 sr1/2700

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What OS are you running? Have you talked to GTAC? Make sure that you are using the Siemens PLM certified display driver and NOT the one supplied with the system nor one that you've downloaded from Dell or nVidia.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Design Solutions
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

32 bit XP Pro

I'm new on the scene in regards to this particular machine. I've been told that our IS guys have tried every driver available and talked to GTAC. From what Ive heard, they've given up.

I have downloaded the driver from Siemens support and will give it a try.

If that's a Dell Precision T7500 why are you NOT running at least 64-bit XP or better yet, Windows 7 Professional? And make sure that you have enough memory, 4GB is the minimum and if you upgrade to 64-bit OS, then double it to 8GB.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Design Solutions
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

You don't happen to have a Microsoft Intellimouse plugged in?
From personal experience, they can cause the sort of problems you are experiencing.

If you do, get the driver removed (not the mouse).
That way the mouse will just use the generic mouse driver instead.

Anthony Galante
Senior Support Engineer

NX4.0.4MP10, NX5.0.0->5.0.6, NX6.0.0->NX6.0.5, NX7.0.0->NX7.0.1 & NX7.5.0.32-> NX7.5.2.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back