Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Density manager from Esox Republic not working in 2011? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatCouture

Mechanical
Jun 6, 2003
CA
Hi! I would like to know if there is something wrong with me because when I try to get the Density Manager Macro to install on my laptop with SW 2011 it doesn't work.

Thanks in advance.

Patrick

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Wow, people are still using that? Cool!

I'm the creator and I don't know where to begin helping you. It's an old program, and it's been a loooong time (last updated 2003).

What in particular is failing? Any error messages?

[bat]Honesty may be the best policy, but insanity is a better defense.[bat]
-SolidWorks API VB programming help

Just tried it in SW2012. It opened OK and went through all the motions. However, the density change did not overwrite the material property density.

I stopped using this when SW materials took over the material properties. Curious as to why you need to edit the document density property instead of material props.

Hi Tick!

I'm not using it very often but It's very handy when I have to change the density of an imported model to reflect the manufacturer specified weight!

I recall using it with SW 2010 but with 2011 I tried installing it using the setup.exe file and nothing happen in solidworks. I don't see the macro in the menu. I've looked into the addins to see if it was there and it's not. Now that I'm thinking about it, maybe it's a 64bit issue? With SW2010 it was 32bit and now I'm with SW 2011 64bit?

Thank you for your time and also for this useful macro.

Patrick

Yes you are right the density change won't overwrite the material property density and that's fine with me because when I need it it's only for imported models that don't have materials assigned to them. Most times they also have simplified geometry of such so even if I assign the appropriate material it won't represent exactly what the product specification sheet says. So I prefer changing directly the density for the whole assembly using your macro. One example was for an industrial robot and for it's tooling.

Thanks again.

Patrick

What does "not loading" mean, exactly.

Some of my older macros that have forms can get sticky when starting. The macro starts, but does not appear, and SW is stuck.

The solution to this is to open the Task Manager (Ctrl-Alt-Delete), find the macro in the applications tab, select, and "Switch to". This usually only needs to be done once per session, and will keep any following old macros (not just the first one) from getting "stuck" for the rest of the session.

I run the setup.exe file and I go through the install process successfully. Then according to the manual the Density manager should be available on the solidworks menu. Unfortunately there is nothing in my SW menu, so it must be unchecked from the addins menu I figure but there is no mention of density manager in my addins menu also.

One thing I don't know if it can make a difference, is that I'm working on a french version of Win 7 pro 64 bit, with SW 2011 sp4 (French). When I install the software by default the installation folder is C:\Program Files (x86)\Density Manager by Esox Republic, while Solid works is installed in C:\Program Files.

I can uninstall the software from the configuration panel of windows but I can't find it on the task manager.

Thank you for your time.

Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back