Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

density separation references

Status
Not open for further replies.

johngerhart

Chemical
Nov 1, 2002
US
I am looking for references to study density separation of one solid material from another . Would someone please suggest references. thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Yes , I am talking about different density solids in a slurry with about the same particle size . Doing multiple density separations , varying the liquid density . thanks

We use hydrcyclones for density separation but it's mostly different particle sizes in the same density fluid- I'll check with our metallurgit though- he may have some references- Krebs is the big name in mining- also Dorr-Oliver - either may help

You can get a good Idea if you read Introduction To Mineral processing by Kelly & spottiswood, Introduction To Mineral Processing by B.A.Wills. Other books by Godwin and one more by Richard.O.Burt
The most common equipments are spirals, Hydrocyclones, Flotex, Jigs, wettables etc. you can visit the web site of Carpco MDL etc also

Koalmnr Wrote:
"By any chance are you referring to density tracers? Blocks of known density that are placed in a streaming to trace how well the unit is performing."

No, It's a machine to seperate heavier minerals from lighter minerals like spirals. It is used in Gold mine or other mines with proper mineral gravity difference.

But the density tracer you mentioned is interesting, I did not know it before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back