Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deriving a TF from Simulink block diagram

Status
Not open for further replies.

erdemm

Petroleum
Jul 2, 2003
FR
Dear All,

I have a huge Simulink block diagram with many parameters, with 1 input and 1 output that I have determined (SISO system). It is necessary for me to obtain a transfer function of that block diagram for a specific input and output.

Furthermore, to be able to easily manipulate and discuss about different results I want Matlab to derive that transfer function in a parametric form. Briefly, the "values" of the "variables or constants" existing in the block diagram will be "parametric", but not "numeric". Naturally, at the very end, the desired transfer function
will also be parametric. Is that possible?

PS: There exist functions belonging to the Control System Toolbox ("connect", "blkbuild" and "ss2tf") with which one is able to obtain a user-defined transfer function from a Simulink block diagram. However, with these functions it is only possible to work by assigning "real" or "complex" numbers within an "m-file", so that is not the thing I am looking for.

Thank you,
Erdem

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Have you tried the linmod function? Also the linear analysis option?

Didn't work for me yet but my system is non-linear, you
may be OK.

Oliver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back