Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Design data for Spline based on DIN5480

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 29, 2018
IN
Hi I am yugandhar
I am working on the design of a spline based on DIN5480 W35x1x34x10d. I trying to design it in CATIA. Could anyone help me with dimensions? I tried to deduce them from the standard but I am unable to understand it. And what dimensions of spline would be suitable for its counterpart? It would be better if you refer me an excel or formulae so that I can use it further. Thank you.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Occupant is absolutely right, that's a clerical error and needs to be read "to", giving the range.
However, the excerpt shown in that file is based on a revision before that of 1991, where the current one is :2006. DIN 5480 is a bundle of documents, basic are part 1 and 2, the rest is splitted to modules and dedicated to special issues. For module 1 you'll need part 3.
The dimensions of male and female are given related to shaft = male, indexed 1 and hub = nave = female, indexed 2.
For hints to calculation there's DIN 5466.

Regards
R.

Roland Heilmann
Lpz FRG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back