Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

design of ammuntion storage facilities 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

milmo

Civil/Environmental
Jan 27, 2003
IE
Hello there. I am looking for help with finding information on the design of ammunition storage facilities, or the design of explosive storehouses (military grade)to be exact for a research paper I am doing.

As you can appreciate it is not as easy as going down to the local library. I am currantly wading through a lot of rubbish on the net.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

My company works on things like this all the time. We have well over 20 years experince in this area. In short of sounding like a salesperson. The first place I would start is look into SDOF (single degree of freedom) analysis.

Many thanks guys. I've been able to track down some declassified documents on the web, some more useful than others. A lot describe the regulations for storage of munitions etc.It's harder to track down information on the design of the storehouses. Arrangement of rebar etc. Have found a small bit to do with the design of reinforcent for nuclear shelters, but rather simplistic.

Have any of you heard of a document called TM 5-1300.(Vol. 3???). It has been mentioned as a reference in a lot of these documents, but I can't find it on the web. I can get it shipped to me but that could take up to eight weeks. Is it on the web??

Would any of you know any good sites that discuss the design of reinforced concrete to resist blast loadings??

Thanks again for taking the time to reply to my post.

Milmo,
I don't think that TM 5-1300 is available on the web anymore because of the heightened terror threat, post 9-11, etc. If you have a legitimate need for it and can prove it to the people at the Army Corps of Engineers, I believe they will ship it to you.

RE: TM 5-1300

Apropos of not much at all to do with the original question, but dealing with one of my pet peeves, it seems to me that if one were worried about the sensitivity of the data contained in such works, one would keep them available on the net, WHERE ONE COULD SEE IF A-HAB THE A-RAB WAS ACCESSING THEM! As opposed to making if more difficult for legitimate users to get access to the data they paid for.

They do that already. The on-line technical manual site has both open and restricted material on the same site. Only the "A" folder material is available to the general public, while the remainder requires a valid logistics organization password TTFN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back