Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

design of special staircase 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lesgiu

Structural
Jul 20, 2001
PE
Hi guys, any of you have an idea of designing a staircase like the one shown in this website (the last one - ortopoligonales)?
i have many doubts about the reinforcement, does it work? please if u have any detail please send it to me.
thanks a lot

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

This will deflect loke nothing else. To model it for deflection you will need to model it as a multiple cranked beam (with each step consisting of a vertical and a horizontal member). Bending moment will be the same as any other stair of the same length.

Reinforcement needs to be designed to first principles with bars small enought to develop a hooked bar across the width of the riser. Bottim bars will be shaped like an upside down W with the ends being hook at the concrete cover at the top face. Bottom bars will be similar but upside down.

Thanks csd72. But my english is not so good, please do you have any detail or image about the reinforcement coz i cannot understand it so well. Thanks again.

I did the staircase in the Cornwall Centre in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada... sort of like the first, except there was a 'gap' between the stairway from the landing up and down... took me over two weeks to analyze and design... before widespread use of computers...

Dik

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back