Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Design of sterile Betalactum Production area 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsg

Chemical
Oct 19, 2003
IN
GMP prescribes positive pressure in Sterile manufacturing area.GMP also specifies negative pressure ( with respect to corridor etc) for Betalactum production.What should be the Design Philosophy for a Sterile Beta Lactum Production area ?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You can have your cake and eat it too[wink]. Design in such a way that the corridor will not be contained by active ingredients from the manufacturing area, yet you can maintain the manufacturing area at a positive pressure so that it will not be contaminated. Design of airlocks does the trick and same principle is being applied to Biopharmaceuticals.

I have a good paper which describes 4 types of airlocks to suit all your needs. Give me your id and I will send it to you.

PS: This article appeared in cleanrooms magazine.

Regards,

Believe it or not : A cobweb with it's strands a pencil width, can catch hold of a concord. All questions directed to Discovery Channel.

Dear Mr.Quark,
Thanks for your quick response. My ID is nsenguptain@hotmail.com.

Regards

bsg

Sengupta, Jayneil Technologies Pvt.Ltd.

Dear Mr. Quark,

I had received your mail on time and got the concept in general.

Subsequently I came across a few established design where the same principle had been applied.

Thank you very very much.

I am extremely pleased to inform you that right now one Beta Lactum sterile unit is being installed at Bangladesh where we had designed the system based on your thread/clue.

Regards,

Bhaskar Sengupta
Jayneil Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
(visit us at

Thanks, but nothing to mention much. It worked and that is good.

Regards,

Eng-Tips.com : Solving your problems before you get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back