Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Design of Tertiary steelwork for a kingspan optimo flat panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

tullj

Structural
Apr 17, 2002
IE
Hi

I am trying to design the secondary and tertiary steelwork to support a kingspan optimo flat panel. When I ring Kingspan they just tell me that tertiary steelwork is not required but when you read their product literature the erection tolerances of the cladding are greater than those listed in the black book (national structural steelwork specification) for steelwork erection tolerances. Could any one point me in the right direction for some guidance on this topic?

Thanks in advance

tullj

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Have you pointed that out to them and asked them to explain. Usually, suppliers know their own products better than us engineers.

If they give you an answer you are not happy with just put the additional steelwork in. Remember, as the Engineer you have a responsibility for the design and the last thing you want to do is get into a dispute with your client because X Y Z didnt meet the specification.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back