Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Design Pressure of A36 at design temp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexRG

Mechanical
Jul 6, 2006
Hi, in the design of pressure vessels, the data sheet of the pressure vessel says "Design Pressure of A36 at design temp.". the question its where I can find that value?,in wich table of wich rule or Code.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Tha allowable stresses for each grade of material are listed in ASME Section II (Subpart D, I think) as a function of design temperature.

Steve Braune
Tank Industry Consultants

Also, the design pressure is referred to as the maximum allowable working pressure (MAWP). This is either selected during the initial design phase of the item, or it can be a calculated value based on a known material thickness and maximum operating temperature. The formulas for the above and allowable stresses for the material of construction are found in the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code, Section VIII for unfired pressure vessels. Read Part UG.

I find the wording "Design Pressure of A36 at design temp." a bit unusual. I can see "Design Pressure of THE VESSEL at design temp."

I also don't see A36 (or SA36) used much for vessel pressure containing parts.

NozzleTwister
Houston, Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back