Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DESIGN TABLE EXPANSION

Status
Not open for further replies.

RACERXXX

Electrical
Apr 25, 2003
US
Hello all,

I am currently working on a Pin Base model that will utilize a design table to modify and create different configurations. My current model is of a 4 x 4 array with pin holes and pins. No problem. I can input the pitch, array size, locations, and pin dia in one excel "Input" sheet. All calculations for X and Y locations are done for me and automaticaly copies to the Solid works referance sheet (pretty cool). My predicament is; now that I've figured out how to control each individual feature (suppresion, dims, etc.), Iv'e run into a brick wall. The above mentioned model is only a 4 x 4 test platform. I need to do the same with a 41 x 41 model. To do this I must have close to 15,000 collumns. As you all know, the Excel spread sheet can only support up to 256 collumns (scrolling to R.H. side, not down), it ends at collumn "IV". I would like to know if anyone out there knows how to add collumn cells to the spread sheet or how to link sheets that Solid Works will recognize as part of the same sheet? Another angle might be to change the way solid works referances data in the excel spread sheet. I.E. instead of referencing cells for one configuration left to right, changing the setting to reference cells top to bottom. Can anyone help me with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back