Design Table Open upon Part Creation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

emorel22

Mechanical
Apr 21, 2015
US
Morning all,

I have created several part templates for common parts that we create here in our office. They utilize Design Tables that I've customized to have drop downs and a only a couple of variables, and then the rest of the model features are calculated based on the variables they enter.

My question is: Is there a way to have the Design Table open upon part creation? So when my users select "new part", choose the template and it opens, that the design table just comes up first thing? Right now they have to navigate to the design table and RMB > Edit Table. Which isn't difficult, but any steps that I can eliminate would be nice!

I am using SW2016, sp2 I believe.

Thanks in advance!

-E
M.E.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Is the design table a one time use? If so then reverse the process:eek:pen a workbook where after filling in the variables, the workbook opens and creates the model (probably more work up front to get it to work though).

SolidAir,

Thank you for the response. The design table is one time use, once they enter the variables the model is done and ready to be saved and drawn. I'm not sure I get your meaning, however. Are you saying there is a way to start with the user opening an Excel workbook, entering the variables and then somehow opening Solidworks from that Excel workbook?

I don't mind putting the time in up front, as long as it makes it easier in the long run.

-E
M.E.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back