Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Design Table Parameter Formula

Status
Not open for further replies.

CSrac

Aerospace
Nov 5, 2003
US
I created a model with an Excel design table of parameters for Morse Tapers. I created a sketch of the profile that contains the large radius="A",length = "L", and small radius = "B". I created the solid shaft By rotating 360 Deg around the Y axis.
My Excel sheet contains Diameter values for A and B. Since my A and B sketch values are actually radius values, can a formula be applied to the sketch parameter or to the design table to divide the Excell "A" value by two?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

CSrac,

There is two ways I have typically handled this situation.

One is make a new column in my Excel spreadsheet and perform my operation there. For instance, you could make a column LARGE RADIUS A (in) and have all the values in that column equal to the Diameter A/2. Then you could associate this column directly with your sketch parameter.

The second method is to make parameters of your diameter values. They will appear in the Specification Tree under the Parameters branch. Then you can go into your sketch and perform an equation on your sketch values. For example, the large radius "A" could have a formula where it is equal to Diameter A/2.

Hope this helped.

Yes, that did help. I finally got it to work by adding the 1/2 formula to my sketch parameter. It seems to work well, except for a few typo's in my spread sheet. This was a good practice, allowed me to keep the profile sketch simple.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back