Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Design Tables: Global Variables show up sometimes as options but not other times.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boosted01R

Automotive
Sep 30, 2015
CA
Very confused at this point. I have made the same part twice. When I create a blank Design tables it gives me option to select Global variables that I have made, but made it a few days later the same way, and I can't get Global Variables to show up... Settings are the same... The part is made the same way... Really lost at this point, searched but can't find anything related.
Global_variables_show_up_p4a8kf.jpg
Global_variables_dont_show_up_rwhlvr.jpg

As you can see in the second picture I have options to select the global variables.

Any ideas would be great, maybe it's something simple but cant seem to figure it out.

Posted on a different site as well, but hoping someone here might know.

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

In the part that the table is working there are 2 Display states, not that I think that makes a difference, but it is the only thing that I see that is different.

I managed to break the working Design Table part. Watch the below video of how I managed to break it. Seems like a bug to me and I would turn this into your VAR if you haven't already. I tested this using SW 2015 SP4.

Video

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
Gryphon Environmental
"If it's not broke, Don't fix it!"
faq731-376

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back