Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Designing small RO plants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hilal1984

Mechanical
Nov 7, 2015
OM
Hello,

I intend to start business of assembling small RO plants for irrigating small farms or supplying buildings with potable or irrigation water.

I need a practical guide for designing such plants. In other words, I need a guide for selecting the membrane, pumps, valves, piping and control.

I will appreciate getting advice from members already working in this field and already designing such plants.

I am from Oman in case somebody is worried of competition!!hahaha

Thank you in advance,

Regards

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The usual method of obtaining this expertise is to work for one of the firms in the business, so that you have hands on experience.

Lacking that, you may consider employment of an individual that has the experience.

As usual Mr. Bimr Always give a straight that real get the line answer (I Really Like it :) )

By the way.. If Mr. Hilal want to jump in this complex matter.
There are several thinks that you must have before designing it.
1. What is the raw water characteristic
- How much are the TDS, Conductivity, Hardness, Silica, Free Chlorine, TSS, Turbidity and some much other parameter
(I suggest you take a bottle of your water to the laboratory to be analyzed)

2. What is your target
(Give the target parameter of your wanted produced water plus the debit)

3. How much water that you have for the raw material
(You know that RO will consume a lot of water, and will only give 50 -70 % of permeate water back.

By the way.. i will write an article about this in my website.

Visit my Website :

normally you can adapt following treatment scheme
Raw water Feed pump --> Sand Filter --> Activated Carbon (optional) --> Cartridge Filter --> High Pressure Pump --> RO Stack

Before Cartridge filter SMBS dosing system to remove Chlorine content, if any

Krunal Bhosale
All about Water and Wastewater Treatment

Kybosale,
I think i have read in the forum rules that you should not include your email address in your post. Your web address is okay.

Regards
Ashtree
"Any water can be made potable if you filter it through enough money"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back