Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Designjet Cartridge Replacement 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

corvette63

Civil/Environmental
Sep 28, 2004
US
I have a HP Designjet 750C. I only print in black and only have one carteridge. I replaced the cartridge and now only items that are black on my drawing are printing. I put the old cartridge back in and am having the same problem. Can someone help please.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I believe that you are trying to print in color but there are no color cartridges in there, so no printing. Check your Plot Styles in the plot dialog and make sure you have monochrome or something that prints b&w only.

"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." — Will Rogers

I don't know that plotter but my Epson printer, for example, knows which color cartrdige is in which slot.

You should do as was mentioned above and change your print settings so that all colors print as black.

--------------------
How much do YOU owe?
--------------------

Figured out the problem. With the new cartridge in the printer I restarted the printer and it works ok now. As part of the start up the printer must look for all of the cartridges and if only black is there it uses black for all of the colors.

What I don't understand, why would it look for other cartridges if it's only a black ink printer?

Chris
Systems Analyst, I.S.
SolidWorks 06 4.1/PDMWorks 06
AutoCAD 06
ctopher's home (updated 06-21-06)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back