Detail/Break View Boundary

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolverj82

Mechanical
Apr 19, 2023
US
Hi all,
So at my company we are setting up template drawing files. These templates will allow us to control the size of the model using expression files that we can import. Everything has working fine on the modeling side, but when we switch over to drafting, there are detail views that we are attempting to control with Break Line/Detail boundary's. These views will not update without changing the view boundary back to automatic, the reselecting the detail line view boundary. Has anyone tried to do something similar or have any insight as to what we can do?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It has been a while since I needed to do a view break but I believe you need to be certain the break line is
associated to something on the model (maaybe an end point ot mid point) and will move when the model changes.
I will look into this more.

Jerry J.
UGV5-NX1899

Thanks Jerry. Originally that is how the view boundaries were set-up, but when the solid body changes the view boundary looses associativity. I have tried to use sketch in drafting to constrain the view boundary to datum planes. This enables the view boundary to move with the part, but the view will not update.

Yes exterior shape of the model stays the same with only changes to length, width, and height. Internal features have more complex changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back