Detail for Addition 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradleyB26

Geotechnical
Apr 28, 2024
US
IMG_7845_gyfu9i.jpg

Looking for advice for a home addition detail. The addition is being built next to a manufactured home fixated on a monolithic slab crawl space. The addition will be approximately 24’x32’ with a 7’-8’ basement. Soil is mostly clay that is moderately cohesive on a well drained slope. The addition will be stand alone but connected via a 5’ jetway transition between the manufactured and addition to aid in any settlement that may occur. How practical is this detail in the real world? Any tips…

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Nice sketch. I read your note about the angle of repose being selected for the soil conditions and surcharge load.

However, IMHO, for the 5' horizontal space available there is not enough room to do this safely. I would check if a properly designed segmental retaining wall can be added without destabilizing the existing house during construction. There is limited space to do much else cost effectively.

SRW_800-1_mgffk4.png

SlideRuleEra what would be an advisable approach to the modified detail utilizing a segmental retaining wall? Underpinning the monolithic slab prior to constructing SRW?

Segmented Retaining Walls - typically in our area can only go about 5 ft. high before they need geogrid material extending back behind the walls - which can't be done here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back